Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday, September 27, 2010

Hey family,

¿Qué pasa? Thanks for the email dad. Don't worry, I haven't been sick for a while. I actually havent gained any weight, I'm still at 150 just hovering there but I do have to watch what I eat and I usually don't eat that much because the member that cooks lunch for us gives us a ridiculous amount of food and she cooks with a lot of oil so I usually ask for less haha, I've learned how to deal with it. But it is pretty good. I never complain.

Well this week was quite the adventure. Last tuesday after sending that email we went and hiked up that hill again thats by our house and on the way back down we started running because it wasn't too steep at one part and my comp started going faster and biffed it at the end. Luckily nothing serious happened he just got scraped up a bit but it was pretty funny. We shared a good laugh. I'll send some pictures of that.

Saturday night we got to see Gustavo baptized by our mission leader Hermano Cacares. It was amazing. Gustavo is a big man and Hno Cacares just about fell in the water with him but it was sweet. Gustavo is actually a heavy metal rocker and it kinda shows in his picture that I'll send but he's a really humble man and has converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He will make a really great leader in the church and will change the lives of many people. He wants to get sealed with his wife and Jeremias in a year, (hopefully while I'm still in Chile). He was then confirmed yesterday with Noelia and we got to see them receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. That is always the best part.

Today was transfers and I'm gonna be stickin around here for another 6 weeks at least! I'm in my 4th transfer here. My comp is still Elder Murdoch. I'm still gonna be district leader but now theres 6 missionaries in the district and one of the companionships is a pair of hermanas haha. It'll be a good learning experience this transfer and I'll learn a lot from them. I've always been grateful for the opportunities to serve others.

Well I don't got much more to say. I love you guys a lot and I hope you enjoy conference this week! ¡Que siempre se acuerden que Dios es nuestro Padre Celestial y tenemos un destino divino de llegar a ser como Él y nuestro progreso es sin fin! Les amo mucho, chao

Elder Webb

ps: Feliz Cumpleaños Clayton!!! 23 years old... man thats old. I'll send you some good stuff in the Christmas package I send you guys.

1 comment:

  1. Lol a heavy rocker?! That is way cool and interesting :)

    ReplyDelete