Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday, September 6, 2010

Dear family,

Hey thanks for the letters. Yes I did get my package and everything was in it that was on the list you sent me except I never saw 'I am a Child of God' stickers. But its alright I got everything. Thanks a lot! I did have a good birthday. We went and had some pizza in down town Santiago and a family made me a cake. I felt at home dont worry. I do miss having giant pots of mac and cheese for my birthday though haha.

Well things are going great here in Quilicura. Jeremías had is confirmation yesterday. It was a great experience to take part in. His dad very likely will get baptized either this week or the 26th. And we help activate an entire family, the one that we found miraculously, and we're going to baptize at least one of their kids on the 19th. They are such an amazing family. Very humble and they recognize that they´ve been losing a lot of blessings while not being active in the church. We continue to have some amazing lessons and experiences here. We're teaching a lot of people who are slowly opening their heart to the gospel. I know that the Book of Mormon has that power, to soften the hearts of those that read it sincerely. Jeremias' dad is a really intellectual man and has only had one question about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. By reading and praying he could resolve his own doubts about the book. The members here are amazing. We live in front of a pretty ghetto neighborhood called la Pucará. And in there there is a little health center and a member works there. She knows basically everyone there and this week we're going to pass out about 10 book of mormons and have lessons with them. The members make the difference in missionary work. Hopefully you guys are still having missionary experiences there.

Well I'm learning a lot. Especially about obedience. Remember that who we are is what we think about when we don't have anything to do. If we think about meaningless things then we are slothful servants. We should always have something positive and uplifting in our minds. Also, I invite you guys to read the January ensign about the talk from Elder Holland called 'The best is yet to come.' This talk has made a difference in my life as a missionary. Well keep chuggin along in work, school, church, and the temple. I love you guys and miss you heaps. Les amo muchísimo. Que siempre cumplan con lo que se les propongan. Con amor,

Elder Webb

ps: oh yesterday I had an empanada de jibia. Its like giant squid in a fried bread thing. It was pretty good. Mom wouldn't have liked it I don't think.

1 comment: