Tuesday, October 26, 2010

October 25, 2010

Hey family,

How're things going? Sounds like everything is going good up there. Its starting to get a little bit warmer down here but still the summer here is nothing like the summer of AZ. We're getting plenty of sun and the lovely missionary farmer tan has gotten pretty bad haha. Wow I can't believe they finally released Brother Shepherd. Thats nuts but Bro Stahle will do a great job. He's a great guy and a good leader. I'll stick in a little part for brother Shep in the end.

Well the Lord's work down here is still going forward. We had a pretty good week. We're teaching many people and had like 15 people committed to come to church. None of those 15 came but there was a family of four that came with a member family and they stayed for the whole three hours and really liked it. Wow that was a blessing. We're going to start teaching them this week and looks like we'll be able to have another strong family in the ward. We're still working a lot with the members here. We have a member whose name is Hermana Retamal. She works in a little health center in our neighborhood and she knows like all the people here. She ALWAYS gives us references. We've been visiting so many people with her. We are going to go and pass out 8 books of Mormon tonight with her son to her son's friends and their families. So we're pretty pumped. I love missionary work. Trying new things is the key. If we don't try new things and just get stuck in the routine then its going to be boring. We're having a good time and working hard. Even though we've had some dificulties, we're still working hard. Eduardo also has a new date for his baptism on the 7th of November and he's excited for this one. That will probably be my last day in this sector due to the fact that its the day of transfers and I've been here for 4 transfers already. But this ward will baptize a lot of people and is being prepared to have a lot of success. We're teaching almost 4 differenct families and all are receptive and willing to keep learning. The Lord works miracles based on our faith and obedience. I've learned a lot this week about the reality and power of repentance to change lives. As a missionary, one lives a higher plane of obedience and its to realize the little mistakes we make in our lives and be able to change. I really can tell I've changed a lot here. I'm so grateful for my mission. It has taught me so much. Especially to love my Savior. This last year I'm going to focus on what Clayton said and come to know my Savior better.

Well thanks for all your support. I'm glad you're all happy and healthy. Send me some more pictures if you can. Les amo caletas jaja, sepan que estoy bien y que siempre el Señor les tiene en sus manos. Chao,

Elder Webbcito


To Brother Shepherd:
Brother Shepherd you were my YM president I think the whole time I was in Young Mens. You made one of the biggest impacts on my life as a teenager in the church and you're a big reason why I'm on a mission now. If I can remember one thing about you is that you would always blubber up when we started bearing our testimony or when you would. It left a big impact on me because I always felt the Spirit stronger when I was with you. All the activities that we did with you really kept me on the straight and narrow and away from the dangerous things that Satan throws at us. I love you a lot and miss being in YMs with you. Remember all the good times we had in priests quorum. Good luck with your next calling! (Maybe bishop haha)

-Elder Webb

1 comment:

  1. He is so amazing! I just can't get over it. He is the model missionary.

    ReplyDelete