Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday, November 1, 2010

Dearest family, Hey thanks for the letter Dad. This week still was a little bittough. A lot of investigators have kinda flaked out a bit and we cannever seem to find them when their home. But we've been workingreally hard. We couldn't pass out those Books of mormon because HnaRetamal had a family emergency but we're going to do that tonightafter PDay. That'll be an awesome experience. Also we're workingwell with her and she is giving us tons of references. I'll tell youan interesting story we had last week. Well we started teaching aPeruvian family thats in our area a couple of weeks ago. They startedliking the lessons so much that they said they no longer want to go tothe Catholic church and wanted to come to ours. So we we'reprogressing really well, at least with Yasmina and her neice Cielo.But Yasmina's mom, Marly, didn't listen that much. One day we wentover and started teaching but they had a neighbor over that is acatholic and started saying stuff to marly that was good at all, liesabout the missionaries and other antimormon stuff like that. Anywayslong story short, Marly won't let us come back to her house butYasmina wants to come to our church and even says she wants to getbaptized and Cielo also, but we've had trouble teaching them.Basically little things like this have been preventing ourinvestigators progress. But we're praying a lot and this last weekbefore changes looks really promising and I think we're going to cleara bunch of hurdles. Actually this Sunday looks like Eduardo is gonnaget baptized. He has stopped smoking for 4 days now and is prettyexcited. He's come a long way and we're proud of him. He will be thelast one in his family to baptized and the family is now working ongetting to the temple to get sealed. They've come such a long way.And just to remind you guys, this was the family we found on the 3rdfloor the the Spirit led us to. Its been an amazing experience here.I would love to stick around because in November it looks like thereare 2 families that'll be getting baptized that we've found. Nextweek is transfers so I think I'll probably be writing you from adifferent area next week but we'll see what happens. I really havebeen so grateful to serve in this amazing ward and see the lives of somany change. We've been focusing on doing little acts of charity sothat the people can feel our charity like it says in 1 Cor 13:1-2. Iknow the Lord wanted me here and He will send me where I should be. Well anyways thanks for the letter and keeping me up to date on thefamily. I'll let you know if I need anything for Christmas. Rightnow I can't think of anything, for right now I think I just need 2bottles of contact solution. That'll last me the rest of my mission.You sent me a ton of little ones but they run out kinda fast. Eachone lasts me like 4 weeks and thats because I'm kinda stretching itout. But I'll let you guys know. I cant believe its almostChristmas. Its getting pretty warm down here which is nice. I lovethe heat a lot more than the cold. Oh and Dad I think you tried tosay take care in Spanish right? You would actually put "cuídate." itsthe familiar form for cuidarse. Anyways, love you guys a lot. Quesean lo mejor que puedan y recuerden que la prueba siempre es unaoportunidad =). Cuídense, les amo, Elder Webb

1 comment:

  1. Always looking for the positive and never complaining. My favorite qualities that he has :D

    ReplyDelete