Monday, October 3, 2011

Dear family,

Thanks for being constant in writing me these two years. Well I guess this is my last letter. I can't really explain how I feel but its a mixture of really happy and bummed at the same time. I still haven't realized that next week I will no longer be in Chile but it'll hit me when it comes. This week has been amazing. We were able to bring some investigators to the conference yesterday and we had a great experience. One of them had entered into the church for the first time. He sat attentively watching conference and the prophet spoke last on Sunday morning. While listening to him he said to my companion, what do I have to do to become mormon? They were touched by the prophet's talk which was full of power and authority. Personally I saw a pattern in all the talks from conference about missionary work and repentance. Well the last 2 years I think I've strengthened my testimony the most in those two subjects. I love the power of repentance in our lives and I know that Jesus Christ can and will heal us. I've experienced a change of heart as I've begun to think and act more like the savior. I love this Gospel and I love my Savior with all my heart. Another thing I've learned is that the most important thing is maintaining the Holy Ghost in our lives. There is nothing worse than a day without the Spirit. Nothing is worth the absence of the divine presence of the Spirit.

Well this week we're going to work hard. We have some high goals to reach. Luz Marina is going to get baptized on October 23rd, the second baptism in this area in 2011. Hopefully this ward turns itself around a bit. Also 2 others that came to conference are going to get baptized. I know that Heavenly Father loves each one of His children. I love the people here in Chile and will always talk about them with respect and love.

So I will try to give you a call in LA because we have a 3 hour lay-over. But if not, I'll see you anyway. I love you guys and will see you next week. Les amo mucho and estoy animado para verles. Oren por mi por mi última semana para que tengamos éxito. El propósito de la obra misional es la conversión personal de uno y de otras almas. Amo esta obra y voy a extrañarla mucho. ¡Nos vemos pronto!

Elder Aaron Joseph Webb

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing. He sure has learned and grown a lot. One week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing thing. I haven't been on here in a while but felt that I needed to check on here. He truly is an amazing missionary. Call me when you get home Aaron. I want to be there for your homecoming talk.

    ReplyDelete