Monday, October 12, 2009

Numero uno‏
From:
Aaron Webb (webby@myldsmail.net)
Mon 10/12/09 12:14 PM
To:
ps_webb@hotmail.com¿Como te van mi familia? Mondays are my Pday so mondays are when I can send emails and write letters. Well, the first 5 days here have been quite the experience! As soon as Dad dropped me off and I went inside I didn't feel nervous anymore and realized I was finally where I needed to be. The first 3 days are absolutely crazy! They give us so much information that you feel like your brain will explode and you feel overwhelmed by everything. But slowly you get used to it and now I think I finally got the hang of things. The spirit here is amazing! So many elders and sisters all here for the same reason, to prepare to bring others closer to Christ. Its been wonderful to be focusing on refining my purpose as a missionary.

The first day here, they taught us all how to pray in Spanish and we've practiced that so much that I have that down pretty well. The next day they taught us how to greet someone in Spanish and introduce ourselves as missionaries and to testify. We've also practiced that a ton so now is almost second nature. We're slowly progressing through Spanish and the lessons but at the end of each day I can look back and see how much progress we've made and its really encouraging and yes they have us SYL in the MTC which is where we speak Spanish as much as we can and as much as we know. Its so exciting to finally be here and studying the gospel 24/7. We always have so much to do that its nice to finally go to bed at nights. We also get to go to the temple on monday mornings. It was such a relaxing experience this morning!

Mi compañero es Elder Skidmore de Glendale, AZ. He's a great companion and its been great getting to know him. We both are working hard and working well as a companionship.

I hope all is going well back at home. You should keep a list of all the things Sydney chews up each week and send it to me in your email. Its quite amusing to read! Has she chewed up any more controls? I dont know what you guys would do because I am the designated control programmer.

Well keep me up to date about anything interesting thats going on. The MTC is great! It requires a LOT of hard work but its worth it. I went on Saturday to the Referrel Center (Clayton can probably explain exactly what that is) and I was chatting with some lady from texas. We talked for a while about some deep questions then I asked her if she wanted to go to church. And she said sure!! We looked up for her where her nearest church building was and what time and she said she would go to church the next day at 9 with her husband. And I challenged her to pray about it afterwards to see if it was true. And she promised she would and she seemed so excited!! I got my first two commitments already! I was so excited. I didnt set up a time to talk to her again, but I did let her know to talk to the missionaries if she had questions. This was really good for me because I realized I can still make a difference in other people's lives even though I'm still at the MTC. I love the RC.. es asambroso!
Well don't kill each other without me, I know it was me that held our family together by a thread haha jk. My email is webby@myLDSmail.net incase you didn't know. I'm taking pictures, I'll probably send some home in a couple of weeks after I use up my disposable camera. Good luck with everything and I love you guys!
Elder Webb

4 comments:

  1. What a good missionary. Sounds like he's got it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sounds like things are going great! And he already got two commitments!! He's going to be one amazing missionary :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's good to know i can keep tabs on elder webb here.
    vicki told me about it.
    aaron sounds like he'll be just fine.
    what a go-getter already!
    i hope mom and dad are okay, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There really isnt much to say, because everyone else did. That is so amazing though that he is such a fast learner and so eager with a strong testimony. I bet he is really making a huge difference in the lives of hundreds to come. :>

    ReplyDelete