Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Hola famila, So it just erased my whole email and I have to do it again, I gotta make it quick. Sorry about the calling card hassle. I didn´t really know what was going on. I heard that our families have to call us but apparently if we buy our own calling card´s down here, we can call our families. So next time I´ll do that. Sorry for the wasted money. But everything here is going pretty well. I´m going to send pictures in my next email so don´t worry. This week has been great. I had my first baptism on Sunday and it was really awesome. Her name was Joselyn and she is 18. Our sector is a little dificult to find a lot of people but we have quite a few families that are ready for baptism and just need to say yes. So the work here in Recoleta is going forward. I love it though! We do a lot of walking and a lot on tracting but I love talking to the chileanos. They say some pretty hilarious stuff, especially when they try to speak english. Tuesday, I also had the opportinity to go to the temple for Christmas. My first endowement session in Spanish. It was definitely different but I loved it and could understand quite a bit! I got some pictures of the temple that i´ll send to you guys soon. So to answer your questions, no I haven´t eaten any cat and yes I have running water. This is a first world country mother, we don´t eat dogs off the street... speaking of though, there are tons of dogs on the streets and its always fun to mess with them. With the members, usually we eat a lot of rice or potatoes or beans. We had this meal yesterday with rice and fried eggs and its really good. I also love this meal called pude which is just a bunch of mashed potatoes basically. And sopa is really common, which is soup. The only place I´ve eaten at is Subway in downtown Santiago but there arent really and American fast food places around here. I love completos though, they are like huge hot dogs with avacado and different stuff on it. They´re awesome! So I love the food and the members down here. Its good to here everything is well back at home. Tell clayton he needs to save up some money for his little bro, jk. I hope you guys enjoy the family togetherness on Christmas. I´m excited to talk to you guys tomorrow at 3:00 chilean time. I hope everything works out ok. I hope you enjoy a cold Christmas because its definitely not cold down here, its weird. But its not too hot, it doesnt seem like it gets out of the 80´s ever. but the sun is brutal, its really bright or something. Well I gotta go. Les amo mucho familia! Chao! Elder Webb

1 comment:

  1. well as long as he gets to eat a huge hot dog, than everything is ok. ;)

    ReplyDelete