Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday Jan 11, 2010

Buenas tardes familia,
>
> Thanks for the email mother. I will answer all your questions. First, I dont have a backpack, just claytons shoulder bag, which I like but its starting to rip at the seams because I´m always walking and stuff. I dont have a digital camera. I think they´re way expensive down here because the only one I saw was like 160 bucks. I am pretty positive that I can´t use that snapfish.com site. We have interviews with the president tomorrow because its almost transfers and I can ask him but my companion says he´s pretty sure we can´t. If you have to send another memory card and its expensive (which I don´t think it is) you should use my money. My campanion says he does the sending the chip back and forth with his parents and it works really good. but if not I cant send like 4 emails and attach 3 on or so. Depends on if you want to get another chip. I dont need more garments, I ordered five more pairs from the mission office down here and so I should get them tomorrow. I haven´t tried my debit card again because of the stupid $5 fee so I it´ll probably be a while. Thats why I took $50 out, so it would last me a while. I don´t need any candy or anything in the package. My companion still has a ton and I´m sick of it haha. I´ll eat a bunch in 2 years when I get back. I just need the camera, backpack, and talk tapes if clayton still wants to send them. That way the package will be light and not expensive to send. Oh and no I haven´t felt any earthquakes down here yet but my companion says I will feel a couple while I´m down here.
>
> But anyways, my week down here has been pretty good. We found some more people to teach and we´re progressing with this one family that isn´t married but we think they will get married and baptized before the end of february. Another family we´re teaching is so close to baptism but the father doesn´t want anything any more and the wife doesnt really want to be baptized without the support of her husband and so its really complicated but we´re working with her. We had to drop one family, which was really hard because they´re so good and always come to church... they just havent recognized the spirit yet because they say they haven´t felt anything during the lessons... but yet they feel good in church and our lessons. They just dont really that that is the spirit talking to them... and we´ve tried to explain it... but they´re not ready. But they still want to go to church. Which in the end doesn´t make much sense but we think that after a couple weeks or so, they will realize that they want to be baptized. And so we´ve been working hard and teaching. And the Spanish is coming along super fast thanks to the Spirit. All the members always wonder how the gringos learn spanish so fast. Well I know its because I´m called to serve this people in Spanish and the Spirit is on my side. This is the last week of this change, I can´t believe I´ve been in Chile for over a month. Time feels like its on fast forward in the mission. But its good. Its nice and warm here but really its not that hot... just highs in the 80s. I heard January is the hottest month so it should be downhill after this month.
>
> Its good to hear about all the lovely happenings back at home. I might get two calls from president this week, thats good. Wish Mitch good luck! I hope all goes well at home and you´re enjoying being empty nesters almost. Well I hope I covered all of your questions. You can send pictures to me over this email too if you want to send a couple. I´ll attach some to this email and send more in another I think. The first one is outside of our aparement room thing in the street. The other is me in the plaze de armas with a huge catholic cathedral of apostasy behind me. Anyways, Gracias por todo familia. Sea fuerte y sea feliz. Chao, les amo
>
> Elder Webb
>

1 comment:

  1. it amazes me too how fast those boys learn the language. really that on its on is a testimony to me.

    ReplyDelete