Monday, March 22, 2010

March 22, 2010

Buenas días familia,



You guys sold the pontiac for 200 bucks??? What the heck, the parts are worth a lot more than that. Oh well, I´m glad you were able to help out our mexican neighbors. And whats with the alien on the roof? When I´m not there, all the crazy things happen. But crazy things are still happening here. We havent felt any aftershocks this week but we keep getting these up dates that we should have some big ones in the next few weeks. We´ll see what happens. And the missionaries from our ward aren´t dwindling.. We have the smith kid still, JD, Tyler, Ron, and now Jacob Hatch.. thats 5 moms besides you mother. Oh and wish Brendon happy birthday for me!



But things down here are great! Still having crazy experiences but thats the mission, and I love it! I had an experience here this week that made me realized while I´m here in Recoleta in the Chile Santiago North mission. I´m so greatful for the comforting reminders from the Lord that we´re where we should be and doing what we need to do. I know that I´m helping the very people the Lord sent me to help. Such a strong testimony booster it is to see the purposes of the Lord unfold. We´ve also been having a lot of success with the members and references. Our ward is getting fuller and fuller in sacrament and the members are receiving callings. Its a great sight to see. We are working with a 15 year old girl that is an orphan and has lived with nuns her whole life. Its definitely going to be difficult but she has the faith that she can do what God wants her to do. We´re preparing for the baptism of a 10 year old from Peru next week. It was a miracle that we even found them and I´m so grateful for the help we received to find him but his mother is now active in the Church and he´s so excited to be baptized. We also have many others that just need that testimony and faith to say yes, I want to be baptized. But the Lord is always preparing the hearts of our brothers and sisters and so we just need to find that people that are ready.



Well thanks for the emails. Its exciting that Dad´s gonna be a temple worker. Thats something great to be doing at this time. I hope everything goes well for you guys this week, keep busy, les amo!



Elder Webb



ps: With the pictures, this one Chilean in between us is Eduardo who is the best member in the whole mission. He always helps us out and teaches with us. The other picture is me eating some purple goop which happens to be a Peruvian dessert. We teach a lot of people from Peru so we´re always familiar with a lot of peruvian food. This one won´t be on my list of desserts to try again.

2 comments:

  1. Looks to me like he ate an awful lot of that dessert before he decided he wasn't going to eat it ever again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes Im wondering if its manners or if it took him that long to decide that he didnt like it. :D

    ReplyDelete