Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday, March 8, 2010

Holas...

Well thanks for the emails. I´m glad everything went well with grandma´s funeral and the whole family got together without too much comotion. So things down here were pretty crazy this week. This week we had to be in our pension before 8 oclock instead of 10 because of the crazy people out at night. Here in Recoleta things are pretty calm, but supposedly there are places that still don´t have water and people are robbing supermarkets and running out in the streets at night shooting guns. But don´t worry things are fine here. The missions in the southern part of Chile are hurting. A lot of missionaries lost their homes and are living in the churches with all the people. There arent very many houses left in Concepción. But everything is getting better and a lot of people are helping out with recovery. And no I wasn´t running in and out of the house, it was three in the morning, we went back to bed and were woken up by some small aftershocks. Speaking of, I think the last one was about 2 days ago around 10 pm. Its still weird to know the the earth can be shaking under your feet. I took one picture of a little distruction in our neighborhood but I have a lot more other pictures to send. We climbed the hill next to our sector and so I got some really good pictures of Santiago. Oh and I´m probably going to withdraw some money today. I want to get together a package for you guys. And and mom, Feliz Cumpleaños!! Happy birthday on the 5th. So that you don´t feel bad, I remembered March 3rd, two days before. Oh, and transfers were today but me and Elder Coats are still here in Recoleta for another 5 weeks.

Well all in all this week was great. We ended it with a baptism, Alvaro Railhet. We had stake conference down here and listened to Elder Bednar and the prophet. It was a great spiritual meeting. And then after we had to quickly organize this baptism and fill the font with cold water for Elder Coats. It was a great experience and Alvaro is helping is brother and mom reactivate. We´re working hard still after the earthquake. We´ve down a couple service projects here and there but most of all we´re teaching a lot. We´ve found a lot of families from Peru and they´re almost always receptive to the Gospel because they come from humbler circumstances. Yesterday we had a lesson with a black man from Nigeria that speaks English. It was interesting but really powerful. I know that the Spirit speaks to the hearts of the people in a diferent language than we use. It was hard to teach in English but it was great. In the end he accepted a date to be baptized at the end of this month. There are a lot of people who´s hearts have been softened by the quake. I know their is a lot of power in the hands of God to humble His people.

Well I hope all goes well with everyone. Les amo a todos. Tell the Kylee and Ashlee I love them and thanks for their concern. I hope Clayton can get rid of his pink eye and he needs to look for girls from his own graduating class, not mine. Chao, hasta luego,

Elder Webb

1 comment:

  1. wow I bet those pictures were really cool to look at.

    ReplyDelete