Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday, April 19, 2010

Dearest family,

Happy anniversary padres! And Feliz Cumpleaños dad! I´m sending out a package today to you guys so be expecting a little treat in a couple of weeks. Clayton kinda got spoiled with this package so I better be hearing from him soon! But its for your birthdays and Anniversary and Claytons birthday so enjoy! I should be getting my package tomorrow in our Zone class so don´t worry it´ll get to me and thanks for all the love you put into those packages, I can tell theres a lot because its basically waterproofed with tape. Oh and the time difference has changed a little bit. We went off of daylight savings time and so we´re now the same as the east coast of the States, 3 hours ahead of you guys. I think we will have to finish all our calls before 5pm our time so you might have to leave church a little early, but I´ll find out more about that later.

Well this week has been a learning experience that is for sure. I have learned so much that I never thought I would experience. There is a reason why I´m still here in Recoleta and I know that Presidente May is called of God because this is where the Lord wants me right now. We had some great lessons with Jonathan and Katterin. They are two teenages that are 17 and 18 years old. They have been carefully prepared by God and put into our paths in this exact moment for a reason because God knows that they need baptism right now. They need the influence of the Holy Ghost and the protection of the Church. They are willing to do everything it takes to change and become a member of the only true church on the Earth. I can see the difference in their eyes when they receive their own personal witness that this is true. I´m so grateful for souls like these that God allows us to help. What a blessing it is to be a missionary.

I have learned a lot about our missions here on Earth. I know we all have many and they are given to us at different times but the Lord always expects something out of us, expects us to accomplish something else. We need to find exactly what the Lord wants of us at every moment because its something real that we need to find and do. I know I have many things to accomplish here in this life and so do you guys in our family. I hope that you guys can pray and really find out how you can help our family become more of an eternal family because you each have your own mission to accomplish right now.

Well thanks for the letters and the pictures! Man dad´s starting to look like a skinny man, I´m gonna come how and think he changed into grandpa. Tell Clayton to shave that scraggly rag off his face. I know he wont but its ok because he´s not gonna get married until right after I get home so maybe that´ll scare off the girls haha. Well take care and have an amazing week. Les amo muchísimo y quiero lo mejor para ustedes siempre,

Con mucho amor,

Elder Webb

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that missionary sounds like he's been out for two years instead of six months. That's pretty deep stuff.

    Keep up the good work Elder Webb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. There are some missionaries who dont even sound like that after there mission. He is doing an amazing job and being truly faithful in every way possible. Makes me very proud to belong to a church where we can trust a "babe to send forth a message of truth to all of the corners of the earth." preaching the gospel not from manuals put from the heart and with the power of the holy ghost.

    ReplyDelete