Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday, April 26, 2010

Hola familia,

First of all thanks a lot for the package! The pictures were pretty funny. I knew you would send something like ´clutter at the end of the table´ haha and Clayton in his cave. The little pink I´m a Child of God stickers are kinda interesting but I´m sure they´ll come in handy sometime. So I´m slightly angry because apparently the united states doesn´t accept any edible products from Chile. I had a lot of goodies to send you but I could only send like half of what I wanted to send so sorry that your package is kinda small and wimpy. I´ll put together a better one later.

So last week I did send Jarem an email and I hope he read it because it was a good one. Sounds like you had a lot of fun this week with the grandkids! Thats pretty cool that you went over to the temple with them. They´re going to make a difference in the lives of Jarem and Tara. So I do think that the earthquake has definitely been a positive thing and I think over time it will result in more baptisms then if it wouldnt have happened. Hmm some cultural differences, theres a lot. Well for one I think its kind of funny that down here to call someone fat or chubby isn´t an insult and in fact its normal to say it. The majority of Chileans are pretty skinny so I think they think its kinda cool to be chubby haha. Other differences, you have to be careful when you eat because theres a lot of strange table manners, like you can´t stretch at all while you´re at the table and I havent heard someone belch in months because thats really bad manners here. I don´t know if mom and dad would make it. Um.. I can´t really think of any others right now but I´ll think about it.

Well this week was fantastic. Yesterday, Jonathan Rosales was baptized after a lot of trials but in the end I knew that God would help everything happen because he needed to be baptized right now. Jonathan is the most humble young man I have ever met and I can tell he´s made a lot of changes in his life. It was a little crazy but in the end he was baptized. He called us Friday night to tell us if had gotten permission from his mom (because he is only 17) and played a prank on us saying he had some bad news but latter told us that he did. What a miracle it was and great to see the difference in his face when he came out of the water. I´m so glad to be here in Chile and have this opportunity. I know the Lord fulfills His promises. We´re also expecting another baptism this weekend for Katterine Aliaga and so if you could keep her in your prayers that would help :)

Well thanks for everything and I hope you enjoy your package! Tell Clayton that I need to hear from him and his girl problems haha. Take care and remember that your only has happy as you want to be. Chau,

Elder Webb

ps: I´m trying to attach photos from the baptism but its being dumb. I´ll try again in another email.

1 comment:

  1. Thats how it is in West Coast Ghana, Africa. They consider it a complement to be called fat. Theres actually a funny story that goes along with that. :)

    ReplyDelete