Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday June 14, 2010

Hola Familia,

Well glad to hear from you guys! I hope that you´re not frying up there. Its not too terribly cold here, its probably just a bit colder than AZ in the winter. We got a lot of rain last night and the Andes got a nice new batch of snow. I´ll attach the pictures from a couple weeks ago.

So there isn´t much news from this week. About a week ago President surprised us and said that we´re going to the temple. We went on thursday. It was an amazing experience. It was nice this time to be able to understand every word instead of like half of it like the last time we went at Christmas time. The temple here is a special place. Its amazing that it doesn´t matter where you are in the world, that same amazing feeling exists in all the temples. I learned a lot of new things.

So the work here in Lo Campino is going forth. We found 4 new investigators this week and two of them are amazing. They didn´t come to church though because of some family emergency but I have a lot of faith in them. I know that they will be a strong family in the church. We´ve had a lot of problems bringing investigators to church and apparently its been like this a while here in Lo Campino. We´re gonna be focusing on that lately. But I know that there´s always people that´re prepared by the Lord. We´ve been having powerful lessons and people are acepting baptism dates easily because they feel the Spirit but they´re forgeting that feeling when Sunday roles around and arent getting up for church. I know that as the people receive their own personal testimony, they will keep their commitments. I´m learning a lot of patience and humility. There are always opportunities for us to develope them more. President May talked in this last conference about not praying to be blessed with more patience or humility of whatever, but to pray to recognize your chances to develop them. I´ve definitely seen the difference that that makes. If we pray for more patience and when somebody comes along and says something foul and we say something back, what good does it serve? I know that as we pray and act, the Lord answers every single one of our prayers. I remember praying to be able to find 2 new investigators the next day, Elder Boyce and I as we planned, we felt we should visit 2 potencial investigators that we had just met. And we went by and had a great lesson and they accepted a date. It was a great experience for me. Now we just need to get these people to church and get them wet.

Well take care and tell Clayton that he´s in trouble for not emailing me and for going to the beach with girls, chao! Les amo

Elder Webb

1 comment:

  1. wow i never thought of it that way to pray not for them but to recognize your chances to develope them. lol I love the his phrase "get them wet." very original :)

    ReplyDelete