Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday, July 19, 2010

Wow its been cold here. The Chileans are saying that we´re having a polar wave from antartica. The other day it was -7 C which is about 19 degrees F. So it definitely gets colder here than good ole Arizona. And I was looking at the forecast that you sent me and it says we´re gonna get a half a foot of snow on Wednesday?? What? It hasn´t snowed it Santiago since 2006. Que loco...

Well we´re making progress here in Lo Campino. This Sunday Juanita is gonna get baptized. Man she´s awesome. She told us this week that she can´t wait for August 1st so that she can bear her testimony in sacrament. We´ve been pretty blessed here as missionaries. This will be the first baptism here in 2010 so it should give the ward a good boost. Also, another cool experience. Last night we were walking around contacting future investigators, we felt a little bit bummed because we had to stop visiting a couple of investigators that haven´t been progressing. We went to the house of Juan Francisco and he let us in right away. I knew something good would come out of this lesson. We taught lesson 1 to him, his wife and two of his kids. It was a great, short, powerful lesson and the spirit was there strong. In the end all four of them accepted a date to be baptized August 15th. I know that the Lord prepared this family for us and I hope that we can be instruments in His hands to help them into the waters of baptism.

Well I´ve been learning a lot in the mission. I´ve kind of been thinking about everything that I´ve learned since I left to the MTC and its a lot. One thing is that I love talking to everybody. I have learned so much about patience, charity, obedience, and my purpose in life and I know I would be completely different if I wasn´t here in Chile serving the Lord. I want to say thanks for helping be here in the mission because it has changed my life.

Oh a little side note. I took out a little bit more money. I need to buy a flash drive because my camera started erasing some fotos so I need to make a back up. Also I need to buy a few things for our new apartment because it doesn´t have anything. Don´t worry the mission will reimburse me. And I have a little favor to ask. There´s a book from Deseret Book called (in english) "Leave Your Mark in the Scriptures" by Mark R. Hale. Its a small book that talks about marking your scriptures. In Spanish its called "Deje su Marca en las Escrituras". If you can´t find it in Spanish, english is fine but if you guys could, basically that and some fotos of the family would be all I ask for for now =)

Well I hope you guys survive the brutal heat (I miss the lovely Arizona summer haha). Don´t get struck by lightning. Thanks for the news... if theres anything interesting thats happened in the ward, let me know. Love you guys, chao,

Elder Webb

1 comment:

  1. Wow what an amazing missionary he has turned out to be. :)He must of learned it from his parents.

    ReplyDelete