Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday, July 26, 2010

Dearest familia,

Buenas días familia. Well I hope that you all have had an amazing week. This week was full of some ups a downs. First I´ll talk about the downside. Well Juanita was all ready for her baptism, she had had her interview and everything went perfectly. But to make a long story short she never answered her phone or door on Saturday when we went by to visit her and never showed up to her baptism. We talked to her friend and supposedly she made a mistake. She wasn´t worthy for her baptism. Well we´re still going to support her and she says she´ll come to church by herself. I know she´ll be baptized but it won´t be for another couple of weeks at least. That kinda made us disheartened but we never lost our faith. And also the Lord continues to bless us immensly. We found two more families this week that we´re teaching and they should be getting baptized in August. We are teaching a lot of people, the only thing now is that we need to help them progress. The work here is difficult but I love it, it makes us stretch and grow more and more. We have some amazing members that are helping us a lot. I know that the members are an essential part in missionary work. Always remember that.

Well thats good that Clayton is gonna get a calling. It´ll help him stay out of trouble haha. And I forgot to comment but man, Drew Romney´s already getting married? Wow, who is the girl? Oh and don´t worry Dad, yes we have our little heater. It doesn´t do much but it does enough. The only thing is that our showers aren´t very warm at all haha but its all good, all the more adventure. Oh and thats great that you meet John Hoops. I´m happy that he´s going on a mission, wow france. I played baseball with him thats true. He was at my farewell actually. Well I wish him luck. And Amber Veater, le mando saludos.

Well thats about it for this week. If you guys could throw in a couple of prayers for Juanita, I think that would help a lot. I know it would. I have been learning a lot lately about prayer and the power that it contains. I know that we have a duty to talk with our Heavenly Father every day, in every moment. Not only is it a commandment but it is such a blessing. We can ask for divine help and guidance in every moment. It doesn´t matter what happens to me, I always have the guidance of my Father in Heaven. What a powerful blessing it is. We need to always pray sincerely. I love the mission. It has opened my eyes and understanding to great things, ´hidden treasures´. ¡Que sean felices ustedes! Les amo mucho, su hijo y hermano,

Elder Webb

1 comment:

  1. Wow thats so hard to have someone so close and then something happens to distract them from the path. I talked to this one guy last night it was way cool. I was watching my friends play ultimate frisbee and then he sat down next to me. Before I could even say hi he asked me. What is the purpose of life? I told him "I believe that the purpose of this life is to prove ourselves worthy of returning to our heavenly father." After that we had a lot of discussions and a little debate. It was so amazing I really could feel the spirit of the lord with me. telling me what to say and helping me bear my testimony over and over again. Its an experience Ill never forget.

    ReplyDelete