Monday, December 13, 2010

Monday, December 13, 2010



Dearest Family,

Thanks for the letter Dad. Its good to hear a little bit about how things are at home. I'm glad that you guys are surviving there. The ASU institute is bacan (chilean for awesome or cool). I'm pretty excited to go there. Sounds like the family is doing good.

This week was actually a really good week. We found 7 new investigators that all have a date for their baptism. We talked with Rodrigo and he is an awesome investigator! He wants to get baptized January 2nd. We also have a lot of other posibilities and we just need to help them get to church. We had a really good contact with someone called Elizabeth in the street. We were finishing off the night going towards the house and we stopped to talk to somebody who looked like she was in a hurry with her kid to get home. We started talking and she seemed mildly interested and so we talked to see when we could visit her. She said that Sunday afternoons are a little tough because she always goes to the cemetary to visit her son that died. She was young too, probably like 32. We started talking about her son and how she can be with him again. She started getting emocional and was crying a lot. We promised her the blessings that come with the plan of Salvation. She said thats the only thing she wants, to see her son again. It was pretty cool how the Spirit led us through to find what she needed most. She told us to come by on Wednesday so this Wednesday we're excited to talk with her. We progressing a lot in Lo Prado. We still need to be able to work with the members more which has been tough but we're helping them out a lot. My comp has come a long way. He's getting more confidence with the language and during the lessons likes to share more. Its been a great transfer to the progress of my comp and my own personal progress. If I've learned anything is that I always have more to learn and I'm starting to measure my personal progress compared to my eternal goal. Its really easy, just compare your life with the life of Jesus Christ. I know that He lives and changes us everyday as we are put in the refiners fire.

Well this week is the last week of this transfer. We have changes of the 20th but I doubt we'll have changes here. The rules with the phone call are the same. I can only talk for 40 mins and I'll be calling you guys. I bought a phone card for 1000 pesos or about 2 bucks which gives me 50 mins so that should work like last time. I'm not exactly sure when I'll call you guys but I think it'll be in the morning on Saturday Christmas day. Probably about noon or 1 Chilean time... or about 8 or 9 down there. I'll update you guys next week. But I do need something. I need the phone number of the house. You know, the magic jack number so I can talk to all you guys. I forgot your phone numbers so if you could send them again that would be great!

Well I love you guys and I hope that you enjoy this last week before christmas. Don't be lazy and put up the christmas lights! Les amo mucho y espero que tengan una buena semana pensando en lo más importante, Jesucristo =). Chao,

Elder Webb

Enjoy the pics!

1 comment:

  1. wow...either Aaron's grown a lot or the ceiling is really low...haha! January 2nd is a wonderful day to get baptized--that's when I did! :)

    ReplyDelete