Monday, December 27, 2010



Dearest Family,

Hey, I'm glad that I could talk to you guys on Saturday. It was good to hear from you guys. Yeah I heard that a lot of missions could use skype but our mission prez said that we couldnt. Maybe for mothers day, we'll see. But it was good anyways. It seems as if everyone had a good Christmas. I did enjoy my last one here in the mission field. They really are special. We went out to work on Christmas Day and even though no one was home and a lot of plans failed, we could feel the Spirit knowing that we are away from home sacrificing time to be able to help these people.

This week went a little bit like that. We had rough times because nobody was home and we couldn't teach our investigators because they were busy with family. But we did have some good lessons yesterday. Yesterday we had a lesson with Meriam, who is the wife of a member. She's been feeling a little bit discouraged because her dad was giving her a lot of trouble for listening to the missionaries. Her dad is a die hard catholic. We taught her last night according to how she was feeling and she said, "Man, how come I always feel so good when you guys are here. I always feel pumped to keep going." We talked to her about the Spirit and she is now excited to come to church and get baptized in January. We've had some miracles happen with her because she is a heavy smoker. She told us she wants to quit but its been hard. Then in her work, they're putting in effect a new rule so that no one can smoke during their work or breaks. So she basically has to stop smoking. We're excited for her!

Man really I'm just real happy to be here on the mission right now. I'm realizing how much I've changed and grown. Now I'm reflecting on 2010 and I realize that its been the best year of my life so far. I've learned more of how much I depend on my Savior Jesus Christ. He is our support, our redeemer, our all. I love this gospel and I'm excited for another almost full year of preaching the gospel to the people here in Chile. I also promise that you guys will have some neat missionary opportunities this year. ¡Que las reconozcan! =)

Oh so this year like last year we were able to go have dinner Christmas Eve until 12:00 because thats how Chileans celebrate christmas. They have a huge dinner late at night then all the kids leave the house while Santa comes and brings them gifts. It kind of makes me think of how the people that loves us most and gives us most go unrecognized a lot of times when really they are our own parents. So thanks for everything! But I got to make the salad thats in that picture for the dinner. They had received a package of craisins from another sister missionary that served there, because craisins don't exist in Chile and man that was good. It makes me miss your famous salads mother haha. But the food was amazing. Our stake president here is fantastic.

Well I hope you guys have a great new year! Buy a lot of fireworks!!! Ojalá que puedan fijar metas por el año que sigue para que progresen más. Saludos a todos. Con amor, Chao,

Elder Webb

ps
The pictures are a little bit of everything. I'll send you guys some more from the mission activity next week.

2 comments:

  1. Aw this letter makes me so happy! What a great missionary! I'm glad you guys got to talk to him on Christmas--hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That salad makes my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete