Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday, August 2, 2010

Dearest family,


Sounds like things are pretty exciting back at home. To answer your question, I actually took out 60,000 pesos which is about 120 bucks because its about 530 pesos for every dollar so it doesn't seem like that even charged me a fee. Thats good!


Well things have been a little tough this week in Lo Campino. Well at least it was like that in the beginning of the week. We had a couple of days where everyone was rejecting us and two of the three families we were teaching aren´t talking to us anymore. Juanita isn't talking to us either. But I'm learning a lot. I know that we have to pass through these hard moments in order to become purified and more humble. We helped reactivate a lady that hadn't been to church for about 12 years and she came with her husband who isn't a member and her son that is 9 years old. We went by after church to talk with them and had a powerful lesson about eternal families. I've never felt the reality of eternal so powerfully. We're going to be working a lot with them. I know that is what they want most right now. We also found another family last night at about 9pm. There's three people in the family. I'm so excited for them because they understood their need for baptism and expressed their desires to be baptized in the end of August. We'll be praying a lot for them as we help them realize that all the blessings they are looking for in their lives exists in this perfect gospel. I know that the Lord blesses us when we are in times of need, all we have to do is ask.


For two days I was with an Elder called Elder Key that just barely got to Chile and is from Texas. It was awesome to be with him because he doesn't speak a lick of spanish. Haha it was great but he is an amazing missionary that is always happy. We worked well together and I helped him learn the first vision in Spanish which he said that day in a lesson then later the man accepted a date for his baptism. It was amazing. I love the new missionaries. In this transfer we are gonna have a lot of changes in the mission. My comp finishes his mission and goes to Puerto Rico. 24 missionaries are leaving and we're going to receive 18 new missionaries. I would love to train this transfer but we'll see what happens =). Well I would like you guys to maybe throw in a couple of prayers for Juan Carlos, Juan Francisco, Gipsy, Lorena, and Alberto because they're an amazing family that really needs to find a way to get to church this sunday. Also for Marcela, Gustavo, and Jeremías. We are looking for some baptisms in the form of a family, especially these families we are teaching. The power of prayer is amazing.


Alright if you guys insist, the only candy I would ask for are those crazy core skittles. Those are amazing! And don't forget to send lots of pictures of the family =). Oh and maybe some of those scripture stickers that you can stick over the verses. But if you can't find them at Deseret, dont worry about it.


Well thanks for the letters, the love and support. I love you guys a lot and I always pray for you. Stay out of trouble and all the drama the happens back at home. Chao,


Elder Webb

1 comment:

  1. oh I love these so much! When life gets hard sit down and pause to read an elder letter. I feel at peace every time I finish one. :D

    ReplyDelete