Monday, February 21, 2011


Dearest family,
Hey thanks for the letter mom. I hope you guys are enjoying the nice weather up there. Its cooled down a tad down here but the sun still fries everything it touches. I hope you guys dont stress out too much for Clayton's wedding. Just hire other people and then relax haha. Wow 25th anniversary. Congrats! I don't know if you would go on half the rides at magic mountain mom but that would still be pretty cool.
Anyways we had a pretty awesome week! Missionary work is the best. I'm starting to feel like I've been doing this for my whole life and its impossible to think what life is like outside of the mission. Well I don't have to worry about that for a while! We had some great things happen and also some tough stuff. We were able to find some great investigators. Also, we were able to talk to Marcelo, a friend of a member that was less-active, and we had some spiritual lessons. We asked him if he was willing to make a covenant with God and be baptized on March 13th. He told us, absolutely. We're really excited for him. Also we talked with Maria, and she is set on getting baptized but has had problems with work and hasn't been able to make it to church. We also got to teach Cyntia, a columbian lady, and help her with her problems. Its pretty cool how every south american country has their own distinct dialect of spanish. I've gotten used to almost all of them but chilean is probably the weirdest of them all now that I think about it. We also were able to reactivate a family of 4 and all are coming to church now. Their son is way pumped. Yesterday he got the priesthood and last week he opened up a bank account for his mission and started saving money. He's dedicated. We keep putting up our little stand in la feria and it keeps giving us results. Its quite awesome. We do also work a lot with the members which have made a big difference this week.
I've learned a lot this week about the Holy Ghost. In my personal studies, I've made it a goal to be able to feel the spirit strongly every time I study. I've realized that if we are worthy and really focus, we can always feel the sweet promptings of the Spirit. I hope you guys can feel the spirit often, it is a good sign of our personal progress. I know I still have a lot to improve but its easy to know how because its when I don't feel the spirit.
Well I love you guys a lot!! Los momentos más dulces de esta vida son cuando sabemos que el Señor nos confia. Les amo, chao =)
Elder Webb.
ps, Oh Presidente May told us today who the new mission president will be when they change this June. His name is President Essig from Utah.
Oh and the picture is of our little sign we put in la feria.

No comments:

Post a Comment