Monday, February 28, 2011

Dearest family,

Hey hows it goin? Thanks for the letter Dad. Interesting idea about repairing shoes. I dont think they use airplane tire tread anymore, at least here in Chile. I didnt throw them away but i don't think their worth repairing anyways. Thats good that little Clayton found himself a house already. I bet he's just itching to get in there and be on his own but after he moves in in March he will be bored after 2 days. Thanks for the stories from your mission Dad. I really like to hear about them so if you have more, you're invited to share them with me! Oh and to answer your question, I made that poster but my companion drew the little missionary faces.

Another week has gone by... yesterday I was remembered that it was the one year anniverssary of the huge earthquake last year. We've been lucky to not have any big aftershocks here in Santiago for a while but I've heard that we should have aftershocks for up to 5 years. It was a pretty wild experience as I'm sure you guys remember but wow, its been a year since then. Thats pretty crazy.

This last week was really great! We now have more than a few investigators progressing. We had a cool experience finding investigators. I learned a lot about being diligent. So on about thursday, a plan failed and we had another appointment in 30 mins without anything scheduled. So we decided to knock a street close by and felt good about it. We were working hard with whatever time we had. And so we knocked a door and talked to this lady that was a member of the church that wasn't on our ward directory. She was inactive basicaly because she didn't know where the church was and didnt really make an effort to find it. But we started teaching them and one of her daughters that is 15 hasn't been baptized. And we're teaching her other daughter's boyfriend. They all came to church on Sunday and really liked it. Also, one member's cousin and his girlfriend came to church also, and they both aren't members but we taught them this week and want to get baptized at the end of March. We actually are preparing a lot of people to be baptized in March and all of them have been to church. I'm way excited for that. We actually have transfers in 2 weeks and I really hope they don't transfer me because... I love this area and the members and the people and we're having success but I'll go where the Lord wants me to go. But I know that this is the Lord's work. After seeing the miracles that happen here in the mission, I know that His hand guides us here and prepares the hearts of His children to listen to the message. We're just responsible for finding those people.

I've learned a lot about the Holy Ghost and how we need to recognize him always. The Lord has blessed us all with the best gift he can give us in this life, which is the Holy Ghost. I'm so thankful for the ability to recognize His Holy Spirit and use it to bless the lives of other people.

Well as you guys know... I love the mission!! I'm really thankful for this chance to be here. I don't wanna waste any time and I don't think I will. I love you guys heaps. Les amo mucho, y espero que tengan una semana llena de experiencias inolvidables. Chao,

Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment