Tuesday, February 15, 2011


Hola Familia,

Hey thanks for the letter! I'm glad that you guys had an exciting week with lots of things to do. So to answer your question, I'm pretty sure that I'll be getting home on October 11th but I'm not sure. You guys can plan accordingly. This week has been pretty nuts. On wednesday, we went to a member's house and we were teaching a spiritual lesson about forgiveness when we started hearing some big rattling thunderbolts. They got pretty close. Its the first time in Chile that I've seen lightning. It doesnt happen that much. But something really nice is that it rained for about 2 days and that never happens here in the summer. I'll send you guys a picture of the Andes with snow. Oh and about the earthquake, we did hear a lot about it but we didn't feel the tremor here, it was pretty weak and I think we were walking. But Chile is a country the never holds still, its always rocking and rolling around.

Anyways, about this week, it was actually a great week. Yesterday Ronald got confirmed and he's getting ready to receive the priesthood here soon. He's thinking about serving a mission already even though he's not so sure yet. He's a great kid, he's an example for me seeing how much he's changed. Also, his parents came to church and his dad is slowly opening his heart to the gospel. His mom is more than ready to get baptized. We committed her to talk to her lawyer here soon so that she can finish her divorce and get married to her partner. We had a lot more investigators committed to come to church and everything but they didn't show up for various reasons. One had a legite excuse and she is still really excited to get baptized March 6. But after we found out that they weren't gonna make it, we were praying for help so that the Lord would bring someone to church. We basically had a miracle. We've been teaching a less-active member called Hermano Jara. He's been giving excuses of why he doesnt want to come to church and we had lost faith in him. But I've always felt like we needed to visit him. I had made it a goal to reactivate him this transfer. Well on Sunday he showed up with a big smile, excited to be there and brought a friend with him that isn't a member and wants to investigate the church. We're gonna teach them tomorrow. What a blessing we had. We had a zone conference with Presidente May this week and I've learned a ton. One thing I've learned here in the mission is that diligence and hard work are key to success. I've learned how to work hard and be diligent in a lot of aspects and I know that through hard work, with a mind focused on your goal, we can reach our goals. I know that Jesus Christ lives and governs this Church. I know that this is His work. Thanks a ton for all the support and everything! I love you guys. Os amo por todo lo que hacéis. Que tengáis una semana llena de caridad y amor para que seáis discipulos de Cristo. Chao,

Elder Webb

ps. The other picture is of my shoes that are oficially dead and I no longer use, dont worry

No comments:

Post a Comment