Monday, March 21, 2011

Dearest Family,

Ok first of all I will answer your questions mom haha. So our flight got delayed because of mantenance. We are leaving tomorrow morning at about 8. So we still worked this week here in Lo Prado 2 and we saw a lot of miracles too but I'll talk about that later. No its not true that flights only come in and out in April and October. I'll probably be there between 3 and 6 months but I won't finish my mission on the island. About taking out money, I'm not sure. The mission office is going to worry about that but I won't have to spend my own money out there. Yes its true that we do a lot of service on the island and I'm sure we'll be helping the people rebuild a bit. But there are more than 6 people that are just waiting to be baptized so we're pretty sure we will see a lot of success out there. Yes there is drinkable water there. About the toilet, who knows haha but it would be more fun if there isn't an indoor toilet. Don't worry about the tsunami. If ones coming they have a siren on the island and we will be notified. I'm not sure how the groceries work but I think the members are going to provide basically everything and the mission helps them out. We will see. We basically are going to eat lobster, crap, shellfish, and lots of fish! Yes there is phone service so don't worry about your mother's day call. Yes you can send packages and mail but I'm not sure how long it will take to get to me and most likely packages will stay in the office until I get back but letters just get to the island.

Ok I think I covered about all of it. So next week I'll send you guys a lot of pictures of the island and everything. I sent you guys a lot of pictures from the families we are teaching and from the ward. This week has been amazing. We have been teaching a ton this week. We have 5 people that are in fase 3, which means that they have everything and are ready to get baptized next week. Elder Coats and Elder Petersen will take care of them this week. They are going to be the only 2 missionaries in the ward now. If you guys could pray for them this week that would be great. Their names are... Evelyn Rodriguez, Lissette Rodriguez, Alejandro Garrido, Cristian Soto, and Daniela Molinas. They are so amazing. Even though I won't be there for their baptism, I'm so grateful to have gotten to know them and taught them. I've learned to love all the people I come to know.

Anyways, thanks for the letter. I hope everything goes well with all the wedding prep. I'll talk to you guys next week! ¡Les amo mucho!

Elder Webb

PS Thanks for the weather info. If you guys send forecasts, that would make me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment