Monday, March 28, 2011




Dearest family,

So I made it here to the island! It was pretty amazing the trip here. Too bad I can't send you guys more pictures. I would recommend that you get a gmail account because I could send you more than 12 pictures at a time. But I'll send you guys some good ones. Anyways so we took off on a tiny little 6 passenger plane and flew over santiago and out into the ocean. It took about 3 hours to get here. But the best part was the landing. So the airstrip is on the other side of the island on top of a little clif edge. When we were approaching the airstrip, it looks like its tiny and the plane's not gonna be able to stop before it falls off the other side haha. But it landed and stopped pretty fast because its a tiny plane. Then we had to walk down to the sea, where there were a ton of seals. I got some good pictures of them. We took a little motor boat for about an hour and a half to the other side of the island where the people live. The island is amazing! Its one of the most beautiful places. The members here take care of us well. We've eaten fish for almost every meal but its all fresh and awesome. Yes we have a little house with a bathroom and everything. Its actually a lot nicer than the apartment in Lo Prado. We ate some raw lobster and it was really good! No I haven't gotten sick. The only thing that is annoying are the mosquitos, but we have them under control now. Wow I have a ton to say but not much time. So I found out the all of those people we were teaching got baptized yesterday except for one that found her membership of the church. We had our meeting yesterday in the branch president's home. It was the first time. 16 people showed up to church which is actually a good attendance. We are teaching a family of 3 and we had an amazing lesson yesterday. Everything about the island is amazing. Today we're going to climb the hills and take a lot of pictures.

Anyways, its nice to hear from you guys. I love you guys a ton and miss you a lot. I'll send more pictures next week if you get a gmail account. Anyways, thanks for the information on the island. Chao,

Elder Webb

1 comment:

  1. WOW that island looks AMAZING! I bet he will just eat that up! Good to hear he's doing well--thanks for always keeping the blog updated! :D

    ReplyDelete