Monday, July 18, 2011

Dear Family,

So today we have transfers and they called us last night and it looks like this is my last week on the island. I'm going to the city of Los Andes, a couple hours north of Santiago. My new companion is Elder Fuentes from Honduras. Supposedly he's new in the mission because I don't know him. Well actually after being exiled on the island for more than 4 months, I hardly know anyone haha. But we still don't know which day I leave but it should be this week. Elder Alvarado will come here to replace me. It appears Elder Bravo will be with him for a little while until they leave just the Arellanos here. So I'll be leaving the island... sad times but it was an amazing experience here. I'll never forget it. I love the people here. This week we spent most of the time looking for new investogators and now I can say that we've knocked 98% of all the doors here. Unfortunately we didn't find anyone interested. But as we've prayed and fasted, it appears that Heavenly Father is preparing someone to receive the Gospel. As I said, I can already see miracles happening. A member´s friend called Tila, who is evangelica, had a dream about the Book of Mormon and asked a copy from that member. So I'm sure that while she reads it, the Holy Ghost will fill her heart. A little fasting and prayer always humbles us enough that God blesses us. Elder Bravo has been a great companion. He's a great missionary that will achieve great things in his mission. I'm sure he and Elder Alvarado will do a great job here with the Arellanos. Jorge decided that he wants to get baptized after he gets back from the other island (San Ambrosio) where he goes to fish for 8 months. So I'm sure I hear about it when he gets baptized. The little branch here keeps growing and now we have an average of 20 people in church. They said that if we keep above 20, we're gonna get a new chapel. Blessings blessings. So I'll always have this little island in my prayers.

Well I'll keep you guys up to date. Tomorrow I'll tell you when I leave the island. Sorry I can't send longer videos because the files are too heavy. Maybe when I get to Los Andes. The Arellanos made some burritos and we helped them. I'm sure thats the first food I'll want when I get back. Don't send the package to the island haha. Remember, a SMALL bottle of contact solution not a big one. And I have one more request, a betty crocker carrot cake mix with a thing of cream cheese frosting to make here please =). Thanks for everything. I love you guys heaps. Les amo un montón y espero que disfruten el calor =). Chao,

Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment