Monday, July 11, 2011





Hey thanks for the letter Dad and the pictures mom. Appears that they showed it on the news here in Chile also because everyone told me that my house possible got destroyed by a sandstorm in Phoenix. But I know that it happens all the time. It looks pretty awesome and you're right, I would have enjoyed it a lot.

Well everything else has been fantastic here on the island. On Saturday, Pedro and Diego got baptized even though it was raining. It was an awesome baptism for them! When it rains, its a lot warmer so that was good. I sent some great pictures for you guys. Angel, a 16 year old priest from the branch baptized them both. He was ordained a priest about a month ago. He was the one the befriended them and made it possible that they could get to know the church. And yesterday they were confirmed. What a great blessing! They now have friends here on the island because before they got to know Angel, they hardly every left their house. I think that in some time, their parents will also soften their hearts a bit and have more questions about the church. The good thing is that they both went to see them get baptized.

We've been working with Jorge but he didn't come to church because of the lack of family support. I've noticed that its really hard to help someone get baptized if they aren't fulfilling their own responsibilities. His wife is a little bit less active and isn't very constant but wants him to get baptized. I've realized why its so important to strengthen the members usually before we can see results in the form of baptism. But we've been visiting them a lot and the Arellanos are helping a ton. They truly are great. Missionary couples have a special spirit with them.

So lately I've been thinking a lot about John 14:15 that says, "If ye love me, keep my commandments." I love this scripture so much because it teaches the correct form of obedience... out of love. And it applies to every aspect of obedience. Its amazing when you can see that somebody gains a testimony so strong that they realize they obey out of love for our Savior.

Anyways, I love you guys a ton and I hope you guys are doing great. Thanks for filling me in on thing and if there're are any other news about the family, let me know. Les extraño mucho y espero que puedan siempre disfrutar del templo. Nos vemos, chao,

Elder Webb

Oh to answer your question about my requests... I would recommend a small bottle of contact solution, just a small one because I have almost plenty. And I would really like some more of those wallet pictures of my mission portrait to give to some converts. And... If you could send pictures of the family that would be great. I'll tell you if I need something else.
Send it to,

No comments:

Post a Comment