Monday, July 25, 2011



Hey family,
Thanks a lot for the letter. I hope everything goes great this week. So on Friday, I left the island. It was pretty sad having to say goodbye to everyone but I know the Lord wants me somewhere else. So I'm in the Zone of Los Andes but I'm actually in the city of San Felipe. About a half an hour west of Los Andes. Its a big little city and there's a ton of people to talk to. Im not use to so many people or ground so flat. We use bikes here and its been a big change but its better. The work is a lot more up beat and we have lots to do here. Yesterday we were blessed with a baptism. Victoria Garcia, an eleven year old girl got baptized. She's awesome. She's the result of member thats invited her to church and started bringing her. Her mom come to the baptism and it appeared like she felt the Spirit. Hopefully she can follow her child's footsteps soon. Oh and I did a musical number during the baptismal service. Its been a while since I've sang at church. San Felipe is extremely cold... but in the day its pretty nice. I'm gonna have to buy a new scarf. I'm excited for summer again.
Also last night we went out doing contacts and we said to each other with Elder Fuentes from Guatemala, that we're not going to enter into another house until we finish our contacts. So we went out talking with everybody and finished our contacts. Then we went to an appointment at 8 with a family and as we began the lesson, 4 friends entered the house and we invited them to listen. They agreed and we taught them lesson 1 and invited them to be baptized August 21st. They said yes one said that he never had been baptized before and wants to do it. I know that the Lord blesses us sooo much as we are faithful and diligent. Its an area here in San Felipe where missionaries that work hard will always have success. Its a great strong ward. The Bishop is great and the ward mission leader is amazing. He's so willing to help us a lot
Well I don't have much else to say. We're working hard here and I'm excited to be here. Its a nice calm little city. I love you guys a bunch and hope that all goes well. Chao,
Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment