Friday, July 1, 2011

June 28, 2011




Dearest Family,

Sorry I didn't write yesterday. It was some Catholic holiday here in Chile and the library was closed where we use internet. So I'm doing great here on the island. On Thursday, los Arellanos arrived on the island (see the picture... looks like it didn't load). We've been working with them so that they can get to know all the members and where they live. They're really great! Elder Arellano is Mexican and Hermana Arellano is from Idaho. They speak Spanish with a strong Mexican accent which is great to get used to ha-ha. They are helping a lot and are really excited to help out here. Every week the church is getting stronger here in the island.

So this week we had a great experience with Pedro and Diego. They both received an answer to their prayers and accepted a baptismal date for July 9th. Their parents already gave them permission and they decided that it’s their decision. So we're way excited for them! They come to all the activities we're doing and even said that they're going to invite all their friends so that there are more kids that come to mutual, scouts, and church! So the Lord really has prepared them. Also, Jorge has made some progress. The Arellanos are visiting him and he's been opening up to them. We now know what he needs to be able to accept a baptism date.

So lately I've been thinking a lot about the part in the New Testament when Jesus asks Peter, "Do you love those more than me?" I've been thinking a lot about that. What a great question that we can ask ourselves on a daily basis. Are there things we do that show that we love other things more than Christ? I know that I love my Savior more than anything and I have the chance right now to show Him how much I love Him.

Well I think that’s about it. I hope you enjoy these pictures. Oh and President Essig got here to Chile today and President May leaves in the evening to Utah. I love you guys a lot. Les amo muchísimo. Chao!

Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment