Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Dear Family,

So this week has gone by fast. Thanks for the email. I hope everything calms down a bit at home haha. Sorry I havent taken any pictures of our place yet. Next week I'll have a lot of pictures for you guys. So happy August! I can't believe we're in August already. Unfortunately the time is flying. And yes I did sing a solo in church but it didn't turn out that bad and no its not video taped haha.

So we've been working hard here this week. I think I'm used to being surrounded by lots of people now because hardly anyone lived on the island. We've had some great lessons and found a lot of new investigators. The people are willing to listen to us here. But its still hard to get them to progress. We are preparing some people for their baptism this month. One is a young boy thats 9 years old. His parents have been inactive but now want their son to get baptized and he really likes going to church. And so he's preparing and we're determined to help that whole family get going. The ward here is great! There are lots of members willing to help out with the missionary work. I have a feeling that this week is going to have a ton of results. So last week we went to visit a potential investigator and she said, sure come on in. So we shared a short message with her family because they didn't have much time. Its in those moments that you have to depend on the Spirit. She didn't show much interest but I felt like we needed to give here a Book of Mormon without explaining the message of the Restoration. So we gave her a BoM and she opened her eyes and said, Wow thanks! I love to read!! She asked us how much it costs and when they ask that question its because they´re willing to buy it. We said it only costs your committment to read it and she said of course. So this week we have another appointment with her family and we hope some miracles will come with it. This ward here is great and has 2 companionships so there's a baptism basically every week in the ward. The members love the missionaries here. So I'm doing great and loving the mission. I'm studying a lot about the life of Jesus Christ from the Bible and learning how he does everything and says everything because He loves them. He gets after a lot of people because he loves them. Our Savior is the key to our lives and everything we do. Hopefully we all could be true Disciples of Christ in absolutely everything we do. This Gospel is true and I know the Book of Mormon is true. We need to read it in order to strengthen our testimony of Christ and put into practice its principles.

Thanks for everything. I love you guys and hope everything goes well this week. Oro por ustedes todos los días y sé que el Señor les bendice mucho. Chao,

Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment