Monday, August 15, 2011

Dear Family,

Thanks for the letter Pake. Its quite amazing getting a letter from another sibling haha. No but its good to hear from you guys. Sounds like you're doing good. So to answer those questions, yes I still have my CTR ring as you can see in these pictures I sent. Also I don't have my flight plans yet and I won't get them for a couple more weeks I don't think so don't worry about it. But yes they already bought our tickets and our flight leaves in the evening on October 10th.

Anyways, back to missionary work... this week was great! We are being extremely blessed here in Almendral. We will have 2 baptisms this Sunday, Alexis and Oliver. They are two great kids. They have some great members that are helping them make friends in church. Member referrals are always the best. So we had 7 investigators come to church on Sunday. We had 6 planned and another one got drug there by a member but he really liked it and so we are teaching tons of people. We have some amazing investigators, really, they are awesome! One is Francisca, who we found by knocking doors. I talked about her last week. She's super evangelical but now is getting ready to get baptized in September. She told us some funny experiences this week. She said she was praying one night and asked if our message was true. She said that night she had a dream and saw the word ELDER and a watch. Haha we asked her what she thought it meant and said, duh you guys know what it means. She said she told her friend from her church about the dream and she said, "no... that cant be a revelation. If I trip and fall then I'll believe its a revelation." Then like 20 mins later she almost falls on her face tripping over the curb. Well, we thought... the Lord works in mysterious ways. She is gaining a strong testimony and will be a great member. Her mom came to church also, who is a less-active member who got baptized when she was 15. So we've been busy running to lesson after lesson. Its been great and the Lord has prepared the way for many people.

I've learned a lot about self control and agency lately. I've realized that I have complete control and agency of what I think, say, and do 24/7. I love the fact that I can choose to think about my investigators all the time, and choose to think about how I can help them more. I love the fact that I can CHOOSE the right all the time thanks to the wonderful gift of agency. I've developed a great love for choosing the right thanks to the atonement of Jesus Christ. Agency is a wonderful principle, as Clayton said, it really is the ability to make good choices.

I'm loving the mission and loving the people here in Chile. Thanks for everything. I'll send more pics next week. Take care. Les amo muchísimo y siempre recuerdo el buen ejemplo que han sido para mi. Chao,

Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment