Saturday, September 24, 2011





Dear Family,

Sorry I couldnt write much last week but thanks for your letters. To answer your questions from last week, yes I did get the letter from Bishop. And Elder Costa is not related to Elder Costa from the seventy. Oh and about singing in church, that would be fine Dad but you guys can choose whatever song you would like. Maybe you guys could sing I Feel my Savior's Love. Thats a great song. Oh and Mom, try looking for a full-time position that I could have before beginning school in January. Oh and I'm pretty sure I want mexican food. Maybe we can go to Serranos or something.

Well to answer your other question dad, yes I did get to go to Francisca's baptism the other week and it was awesome. She went to the temple on Saturday with the youth to do baptisms for the dead. I'm pretty excited to hear how that went. I'll send some pictures. So this week was pretty crazy. It was really successful... until the weekend. For the independence day here in Chile, nobody is home, and those that are home are having a barbaque and the rest are drinking. We had a great ward activity yesterday for the national holiday and a lot of people turned out and some investigators came. We had a cool experience this week with an investigator called Miguel. He's a 24 year old thats working and living alone. We finished teaching lesson 1 and my companion asked some inspired questions (in half portugues half spanish) about how he has felt about our visits. Miguel said that ever since we started visiting him, he has started to feel diferent. He's started to feel good and doesnt want to go out and do the same things he's been doing. The Spirit came in strong and he committed to getting baptized in October. It made me think about how the Spirit really changes our hearts and leads us to repentance. It really takes away our desire to sin. President Essig gave us a good talk in Zone conference this week which has really helped me. I'll share some more with your guys when I get back and probably in my talk. It has to do with the ability Christ had to avoid sin his whole life. I love this Gospel so much and the fact that it makes us clean and makes others clean from within. What a great blessing to still be part of this wonderful work. We have a bunch of youth that should be getting baptized soon. Please pray for them. Their names are, Martín, Matias, Matias, Andres, Jorge, Lukas, Santiago, and Juan. Haha thats almost all of the apostles.

Well I love you guys a ton. Don't get trunky on me haha. I'll see you guys soon! Next week I'll get to visit my converts in my other sectors. Too bad I can't go to the island again to visit them haha. So next week I might not write too much for the lack of time. Les amo mucho mucho. Nos vemos pronto,

Elder Webb

ps, I'm writing today because our Pday got changed to today for the holiday yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment