Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday, Nov 23, 2009

Subject:
> From: webby@myldsmail.net
> To: ps_webb@hotmail.com
> Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 19:45:30 +0000
>
> Dearest family,
>
> Muchas gracias for that package. Those ties are nice and you can thank Clayton for me for the yellow tie. The CTR ring fits good so thanks alot! And thanks a lot for the skittles, those are the best. I actually already had a Chile shirt, I forgot to tell you but its ok, I will use it! So... I've had some complaints about Spanish. I told you, I don't say anything important in Spanish anyways. But Mom doesnt like it so.. no más..
>
> Well everything else is still going smoothly. We now leave two weeks from today! I'm way excited! This week we've been teaching a lot in Spanish and its been good because there are some rough spots when teaching in Spanish. I really love Spanish though, I usually read a chapter or so out of El Libro de Mormón everyday and it really helps me extend my vocabulary. We've had a lot of great experiences teaching and sharing testimony. My testimony of the gospel grows more each day and I can't believe how much its changed since being here. I love all of the talks and the devotionals we get. An apostle is supposed to come Thanksgiving morning this week and so that will be incredible of course. Its such a blessing to be able to have an apostle speak to you and tell you things that is exactly what you need to hear. Also this week I had the chance to talk to a 17 year old named Trevor in the RC who had seen the missionaries but wasn't really sure about baptism yet. And so I talked to him for a bit and answered his questions and bored testimony and before we finished talking he said he felt good about baptism and he was gonna continue to read and pray about it and he had a date set. It is so amazing to talk to those that are prepared by the Lord to be taught. Sometimes people come to the RC just looking to argue and not listen and its hard to teach when you talk to people like that. But the Lord prepares people to hear the Gospel and its incredible when you actually see it.
>
> So everything else is good here! Yes we're supposed to have a good Thanksgiving dinner this week. Also, I'm pretty sure I've gotten all of your letters and forecasts and stuff. I don't really address everything in the emails but I have appreciated the letters and forecasts and such. And I have seen Sister Smart around. As far as I've seen everyone treats her good and doesnt bring attention to her. Thanks for all you do and I hope you guys have a good Thanksgiving and enjoy mom's cooking! I do miss your cooking mom, it was more healthy haha. But don't worry, I've only gained 3 pounds in the last almost 2 months, in which I will lose when I go to Chile so all is well. And wish Jarem and Tara and Brendon and everyone else a Happy Thanksgiving from me! Thanks for everything, les amo mucho!
>
> Elder Webb
>

1 comment:

  1. That is so amazing that he gets to hear from an apostle. I would give anything just to shake an apostles hand. :)

    ReplyDelete