Monday, November 2, 2009

¿Que pasan calabasas? This week has been great! Its gone by so fast... each week feels like a day. I'm definitely making the most of my time here even though I can't wait to get out of here and go to Chile. Clayton had it easy, he only had three weeks. I've been here about a month now and I leave 5 weeks from today! Its so exciting, I can't wait to be immersed in Spanish and teaching lessons to real investigators. I did have a good talk with some lady in the RC and she had questions about the BoM and stuff. She says she is interested and I'm gonna talk to her again this week. I'm excited to actually have an investigator I can talk to again and follow up with! Some exciting things happened this week. Elder L. Tom Perry came and talked to us on our Tuesday devotional. It was really really cool to finally be in the presence of an apostle. He gave us a great message about certain things we need as a missionary. Hopefully sometime before I leave, another apostle will come to speak. They usually come once a month I think. We've been teaching all the lessons and we've started teaching some of them in Spanish. Its really cool to be able to have regular conversations in Spanish! I still have a long way to go but its coming. Some teacher that served his mission in Chile came and talked to us about it and it sounds pretty awesome. Yes they speak very fast, and shorten words and use weird phrases but it will be cool to learn their culture. Most of them are going to be really humble people so I'm excited to go teach them. Well it snowed this week! Not very much but it snowed. Its not up in the 60s again so I don't know when it will snow again. Keep sending me those forecasts.. por favor! To answer your question Dad, I dont know if you're talking about the SD card or the Sim card because I don't really know anything about the Sim card but my phone did have an SD card in it that held all my pictures and stuff. Well, I'm still loving it here. I'm learning tons everyday thats building my testimony and increasing my confidence as a missionary. Keep me up to date about the Suns and stuff. Thats awesome that you challenged Jarem to read the BoM! I would also challenge him to read it. I've gained such a strong testimony of the BoM while I've been here. I love every single scripture thats in there! Also, you could have him watch that Joseph Smith movie if they're still showing it. I've seen it a couple of times here and its like my favorite movie ever. Anyone who watches that with an open mind would know Joseph Smith was a prophet. Anyways, keep in touch and I would recommend you send me more dear elders than emails because I have a lot more time to read those than emails. Thanks for all the support. I love you guys. Hasta luego! Elder Webb

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for continuing to post these emails! It's so great to hear how he's doing! Sounds like he's doing really well--I'm so excited for him! Hope everything is well with you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Katie It sounds like he is doing an amazing work, defiantly proud to call him my friend. :D

    ReplyDelete