Monday, November 30, 2009

Monday, Nov 30, 2009

Hola Familia!
>
> So this week was the best one yet at the MTC. On Tuesday night we got to listen to Elder Oaks who gave a really good message about necessary things in missionary work. Then on Thanksgiving morning, Elder Holland and his wife came and spoke to us. Elder Holland is pretty much my favorite speaker. He answered some of the questions we submitted as missionaries a couple weeks before. It was all around really powerful and awesome. Elder Holland knows how to speak to your soul and talk boldly. Yes Thanksgiving was great. The food was really good but of course, not as good as mother's. I missed the roles mom would make. But it was still really good. We also did a service project and made about 10000 emergency kits to be used around the world. That was pretty neat. Everything else here has been great. Spanish is still getting better. We've met a couple elders that are from Santiago and they talked to us about the culture and the food and stuff. I'm way excited. Yes they talk really fast spanish but I think I know enough to get by.. I hope. I know its gonna take a lot of work once I get there. We got our travel plans this week too. We leave to the airport on Monday the 7th at noon and our flight leaves to Dallas at 3:25. We then have a 2 hour layover in Dallas and leave to Santiago at 9:15pm(Central Time). Then I get in Santiago at 9:45am and I think they are either 3 our 4 hours ahead of AZ right now. I am pretty sure I will be able to call you from the airport. Most likely in Dallas I'm thinking so it'll probably be around 6 or 7 at night on Monday AZ time. I'm thinking I will buy a calling card here but unless you want to send me one.. it might be cheaper I'm not sure. Just send me a DearElder tomorrow letting me know what you're going to do and if you want me to just buy one.
>
> Well everything else is just awesome. Our last week here is going to be great! We set a lot of high goals for our Super Semana! A lot of teaching and a lot of Spanish this week. Thanks for all of the updates and congrats Dad on the 100 pounds. I'm not sure if I'll be able to email next week but I think I might be able to before we leave to the airport on Monday. We shall see. Well I couldn't be more excited to get out of here! Less than one week now, I'm ready for some warm weather.. man its been cold here! I miss the nice AZ winter. I'm glad everyone had a good thanksgiving! Only one more Thanksgiving without me.. I think you guys can make it! jk
>
> Well the MTC has been the best thing so far in my life! So much I've learned and so much more I've learned that I still need to learn more. The MTC is the best place to strengthen your testimony in the world. Even though not everyone is inviting of the Spirit, even sometimes other Elders act like they are still in high school, its better than any place I can think of. Thanks for helping get out on my mission and supporting me and helping me pay for it! I am extremely grateful for this opportunity! I will talk to you guys next week either on the phone or email or both. Adios! Love ya heaps, Oh and thanks for the packages
>
> Elder Webb

1 comment:

  1. oh come on the Ut snow isnt that bad just be grateful there is a MTC here rather than in some colder place like Wisconsin or Alaska. :D

    ReplyDelete