Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Monday, May 24, 2010

Dearest family,


So this week was definitely an exciting one. We had an amazing lesson with a reference that we got from the church offices. She accepted a bautismal date so fast it made me tear up a bit. The spirit was really strong and testified to me that Andrea was going to be baptized and change the lives of a lot of people. Then two days ago we had another lesson with her and she told us that she had been praying so that when she told her parents she was going to be baptized, they would support her even though she´s 26 and can choose for herself. She told us she talked with her parents and they told her flat out that it is an awesome decision. They also said if she gets baptized they´ll also investigate the church and its most likely that they´ll be baptized too. That was such a great blessing. She is one of the most prepared people I´ve ever met.


Unfortunately I´m not going to be there for her baptism though. We had changes today and I finally got my turn. I´m sure gonna miss Recoleta but I know that the Lord wants me to help and find other people. I´m not in the part of Santiago called Quilicura. Its about 40 mins north and west of Recoleta. Our ward is called Lo Campino and we are in the sector of Lo Campino 2 because we have 4 missionaries in our ward. My new comp is called Elder Boyce and he´s from Idaho haha so I got myself another gringo. Our address is Los Condores 1214 Villa Tijerales, Quilicura, Santiago in case you want to look it up. He´s been out on the mission for 3 months more than me. He seems like a great elder and I know we´re gonna work hard together. Our area looks like its been having some hard times so we are gonna find those people that are prepared to teach.


I just want to say how I know Presidente May is inspired. I was in Recoleta for many reasons, I have had so many experiences and one day I´ll be able to share them all with you guys but for now I just know that he puts us where we need to go. I´m here in Quilicura now and I know theres many things the Lord wants of me here. It is my responsibility to recognize the opportunities that the Lord gives me. I know that our Savior Jesus Christ lives and he changes lives. He is the only one that can. Sometimes God puts others in our path to help but really everything points to Christ and His infinite atonement.


I hope everyone is healthy and doing good. Keep up the work Dad and stay out of trouble Clayton. Love you guys,


Elder Webb
ps, thanks for the story from your mission dad that was definitely inspiring.. and, Go Suns!

1 comment:

  1. I love how he bares his testimony in every letter. It really makes me just that more excited for when I serve a missionn :D

    ReplyDelete