Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday May 3, 2010

Hola familia,

How are things going? I´m glad you finally got my package. And dad I didn´t wrap it with tape, it was the guy in the mail room. I´ll probably ask to put more tape on the next one. At least it came through in one piece. And no I won´t be taking money out regularly and I do have plenty of money from the mission. I took some out for your package and to buy a couple things for some converts. And also I will have a nice surprise for you guys this Christmas.

So Clayton is finally dating. Its about time, haha jk. I actually know who Brandy is, thats kinda funny. Anyways, so I did hand out those pink stickers to these girls and they liked them. They didn´t understand them and we told them it means I´m a Son of God. Haha no we didn´t say that but I was glad to put them to good use.

So this Sunday is mothers day here. May 9th. I dont know if its the same there but we´re going to be calling this sunday. I´m gonna go hunt down an calling card which I think I can buy for about 6 bucks so it shouldn´t be too bad. But I´ll be calling from a members house and from a landline this time. I don´t know if it´ll be more expensive because I´m calling your cell phone but we´ll see. You should send an email with the land line from the house in case theres an emergency and it doesnt work with your cell phones. I´ll call you guys at about 3 or 3:30 Chile time which should be around 12 or 12:30 Arizona time if I´m not mistaken So you might have to leave church early. I´ll be calling from the number 02-7176343 so if I don´t call by 4 Chile time then something is probably wrong and you should try calling me. I´ve also heard that you can download the program Skype on Claytons laptop or your computer for free and call from the computer for really cheap. That could be an option also if my call doesnt work.

So this week has been a good one! Jonathan is an amazing convert. He was confirmed yesterday which was a great experience. This whole week he´s been asking about the temple and what he needs to do to be able to go and do baptisms. He should be getting the priesthood in a couple of weeks. He has a pretty amazing conversion story. Before he had pretty much lost everything in his life and had troubles with drugs but all of the sudden everything changed because he talked with his family that are members. And now if you look at him, its harder to find someone that is more humble than him. He´s a great example for me. Also, next week we should finally have the baptism of Katterine who was a Jehova Witness so that in itself is a miracle. We are also working with her mom who seems really interested and I feel like we can make an eternal family here. The work is going forward here in Recoleta. We reactivated a man who once was really active and alway helped out the missionaries but fell away. We just talked with him, shared our testimonies and committed him to church. He came to church and then after told us that he will never miss church again and will always be a faithful member. What a difference the gospel and the Spirit makes in the lives of the people.

This week we had a very interesting service project. We helped a member go put his dog down because it was suffering. As I´ve already said, theres millions of dogs here and a lot live in the street. I think Elder Coats and I have decided that dogs are Satan´s tools here in the mission because they always seem to distract the spirit in the lessons. But they help us learn patience.

Well thanks for the emails. I´ll be talking to guys Sunday, don´t forget! I know that this work is the work of the Lord and I love my mission. Thanks for everything. ¡Les amo mucho!

Elder Webb

2 comments:

  1. What a good kid. I've said it before but every time I read his letters, I am impressed even more. He's a good writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha dogs are satans tools? thats a new. I usually hear its the cat that is from satan. :) I agree he is a very good writer. :)

    ReplyDelete