Monday, May 31, 2010

Monday, May 31, 2010

Dear family,

Hey so its been great here in Quilicura this week. Its definitely way different than Recoleta and it has its own challenges here but I´m learning a lot of new things and we´re working hard. Sorry I don´t have any more of an exact address but basically my area is just north of the hill in a little valley. We also have a small part north of the freeway also. Sorry I forgot to take pictures of our apartment and sector so I´ll have to get them to you next week. It rained a lot this weekend and now the Andes are covered in snow, its a pretty awesome sight. I´ll take some pictures. Its a different world here. The houses in the valley called Valle Lo Campino are huge compared to other house in Chile and I feel like I´m in the US again except every speaks spanish. The people are definitely a bit less accepting in this part but we´re having good growing experiences. We found 6 new investigators this week and they accepted baptismal dates but I feel its going to be a bit difficult with them, they don´t seem very prepared but we´ll still work hard with them. We´re working hard to find a family, we both feel there is a family out there waiting for us to find them that has been prepared by the Lord. Almost everyone of my baptisms has been really easy on our part because the Lord had prepared them beforehand. I know thats what we are expected to do, find these people. We´ve had some good experiences serving the members. We went over to a members house for this one guy thats about 45 years old but looks like he´s 70 because he has many health problems, he´s on dialysis and has cysts all over. He asked me to give him a blessing of comfort and we had a really neat experience during that. The ward here is a lot bigger than in Recoleta thats why we have 4 missionaries here. We´re trying to do everything we can to work with the members because thats how we baptize.

So glad that mom found the secret of monovision.. thats kinda creepy haha. You can only see good out of one eye? That would drive me nuts. And dad´s experience is pretty cool. I´ll be praying that everything turns out good with your missionary opportunity. Man tell clayton to stop sending me spam links. Every week I think I finally got an email from him and its just a spam link haha. Laziness. Well enjoy the heat there! The mission is amazing and I´m loving it more every week! Sorry if I didn´t answer all your questions, if you have any more just ask. Don´t forget to look for the patriarchal blessings of my grandparents, I would still like to read that and also if you guys can send me some more pictures of the family in email or in a letter that´d be nice :) Thanks, Les amo,

Elder Webb

1 comment:

  1. Wow sounds like he is working really hard! :D Way to go! :D Which reminds me I know have 6 friends who have been called to the chile santiago north mission :D

    ReplyDelete