Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday, August 16, 2010

Dearest family,

Hey thanks for the emails. So today was transfers. I went with Elder Argueta to the mission home at 8 in the morning and he should be off to Puerto Rico tomorrow. My new comp is Elder Murdoch from Idaho. He's a great Elder. We were in the same zone about 6 months ago. We will accomplish some great things here this change. Also I got called as district leader. I hope that I can be a good leader but I'm excited to serve.

Well this last week here we had some cool experiences. We found a bunch more people to teach and we're helping them meet more members so that they can come to church. Gustavo and Jeremias came to church yesterday and loved it. Jeremias is going to get baptized in 2 weeks and his dad 2 weeks later. They are an amazing family. We're so grateful to be working with them. We met some other part member families. We were teaching a little bit of the first lesson with a guy and his wife when all of the sudden his wife says that she's a member. We were kind of surprised. They said that they liked the church but just stopped going. They also have 2 kids that are interested who can get baptized. We're going to be working a lot with them. I know that the Lord works miracles in the hearts of the people. As a mission we're hoping to have a boost of faith because a lot of Elders have been a little down lately. I've relearned the principle of faith and how it really reflects our desires. If we have the desire, the will, then we have to 'exercise' faith. A scripture that I have been thinking about lately is in Alma 32:41 "But if ye will nourish the word, yea, nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with apatience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree bspringing up unto everlasting life." I like the part that says looking forward to the fruit thereof. Its interesting because the fruit can't be seen but its there and we have to look forward at it. Theres many ways we can apply that to our lives.

Well thanks a lot for the package. I'm excited because I'm about out of contact solution. I understand Dad about the patriarchal blessings, I'll read them when I get back. And to answer your question, I usually dedicate most of my time writing you guys. For example last week I didn't write any of my friends. But I usually send one or two emails to my friends every week. And I got the valentine envelope from the ward in february but besides that I haven't gotten anything from anyone else.

Thanks for everything padres y hermano. I hope that the family is doing great and its good to hear that dad is still working at the temple and mom's job is going good and clayton has a calling. I hope that the whole family is good. Man, Jarems kids are so big!!! wow.... well I love you guys. Thanks for everything. I love the mission! chao,

Elder Webb

1 comment:

  1. wow he sounds so amazing! My computer crashed and this is the first day that I got it back and am so happy. I missed reading his letters. and as for District leader it really doesn't surprise me. :D

    ReplyDelete