Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Monday, August 23, 2010

Dearest family,

Alright first I'll answer your questions so I dont forget. Well here in Santiago theres hardly ever lightning. I've only seen one bolt of lightning my whole mission. But it does rain quite a bit. Its really green here right now and finally warms up a bit in the day time so its been nice. And my package hasn't come yet. The thing is that every week we have a zone class tuesday or wednesday and thats when we got all our mail and packages so it should be here tomorrow. Let's hope :)

Well looks like you all are enjoying the time with the grandkids. I cant believe how big they are from that picture you sent me. Wow time flies. Well this week was an amazing week. We really saw some miracles here. Well our first night we went out to tract a little bit and knock some doors. We decided to go to a little condominium place thats pretty ghetto called the Pucará. We went there, climbed up to the third floor and knocked on the door. We didn't have very much time so we were trying to find someone to teach and fast. They opened the door and let us in. We found out that they were members but they have 2 kids that haven't been baptized because they've been inactive for a long time. We taught a powerful lesson with them and came back the next day. We gave one of her daughters a baptismal date for Sept 19th. She acepted it right away. They all went to church as a family well, without her husband because he was working. We then asked her how she felt about her baptismal date and she said impacient. Haha wow, I´ve never really had someone say that. Granted she is only 11 but she understands everything. And she's already asking about what she needs to do to go on a mission. And we also met her friend and she wants to get baptized too. The Lord always blesses us when we keep our covenants. Jeremias is also ready for his baptism this sunday. That will be a great experience. He's been waiting for a while now and now he's finally ready and his dad is going to get baptized two weeks later. Those are just some of the many miracles that we've been seeing.

This saturday, Elder Costa from the presidency of the 70 came and talked to our mission and the East mission. It was an amazing talk and focused a lot on faith. Moroni 7:33 talks about how everything is possible and we need to have high goals, and believe in them. He talked about our divine purpose and the missions that we have in our lives and how we are not meant to have small goals but set them high and believe that you can reach them. Then do whatever it takes to reach it. It really struck me pretty good. He's a powerful speaker.

Well I know this church is true, and that it miracles happen on a daily basis. I love the mission. Thanks for everything, I love you guys heaps. Chao,

Elder Webb

1 comment:

  1. wow he has changed so much I just cant even comprhend it. I just feel grateful to know him. He gives me hope of looking for someone that I hope to deserve one day.

    ReplyDelete