Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday November 22, 2010

Dearest family,

Thanks for the letter mother dearest. First of all, for the package, there are some other things that you could send. If you guys can find a mini dog whistle or something similar that would be amazing. I would just love something to shut up the annoying dogs that bark like nuts while we're contacting people. Also maybe one short sleeve white shirt size 15. But thats it. I have like 100 ties so please dont send me more haha. And maybe you can send a butterfinger or something because there arent any down here. But thats it. Oh and if you can, send me some more pictures of the family back home, the grandkids and interesting stuff. I think next week I'm going to take out some money so I can send you guys a christmas package. I think it might get there a little late because I'm waiting for this one guy to finish something I ordered but you guys will get something dont worry and hopefully they'll let me send some food.

Well this week has been an interesting experience. We're also dedicating most of our time trying to find people to teach like Elder Weaver. Good news is that Lady was confirmed and that was a great experience. She is really happy in the church so we're grateful to be part of that. Oh speaking of being grateful, I just realized that this week is Thanksgiving. This will be me one and only Thanksgiving out of the States and you're right, nobody celebrates Thanksgiving down here. But I think we'll make something to celebrate. I will miss your lovely cooking mom haha. But yes we do eat turkey down here. Actually turkeydogs are a lot more common here than back at home. But anyways the work is getting a boost here. We're starting off working with the members and serving them and doing an activity called La Viña del Señor (the Lord's Vineyard). Its going to give a lot of results. We actually did that in Lo Campino and thats how we found that family of 4. So it should be giving us a lot of results soon. Its been a great experience training. My comp actually struggles a bit with Spanish but he's improving a lot. We when we talk with the people in the street he usually just smiles and looks over at me. Haha reminds me of myself in the beginning of the mission. But he's learning real fast. The ward is great. We actually had 125 people attend church this week which is good for our ward and we've helped reactivate a couple of families and hopefully that can stay active. We've had some trials trying to find people but its alright. I'm actually thinking how grateful I am for every experience. Prez May told us one of the attributes of a successful missionary is that they see trials as opportunities. But I want to tell you guys how much I'm thankful for my mission. As of right now it has meant everything to me and continues change me everyday. Thanks for all your sacrifices and I too realize how much the Lord blesses us for these sacrifices. I love my Savior and know that He lives.

Well take care, I love you guys heaps. Les amo un montón y espero que tengan una semana llena de gratitud y que coman mucha mucha comida. Chao,

Elder Webb

ps. Oh funny story. So last night I woke up in the middle of the night because a stupid cat had gotten into our house and so I go out into the other room where the window is and started yelling to make sure it was gone. I didn't hear anything so I shut the window but after I had shut it, the cat came scampering out from under the table and jumped into the window. Then it started running all over the house and I opened the door but it wouldn't go out so we all got pillows and started beating it out haha. That was the funniest thing all week. Elder Petersen was dreaming about a lion and thought there was a lion in the house. Oh so enjoy the pictures of the house. Yes our bathroom is lame, we have to hunch over cuz the cieling is sloped and yes we do study in the kitchen because there are 4 of us and no room haha. Chao

1 comment:

  1. Aaron's always been a pretty optimistic person, but seriously, reading these letters from the mission? Most positive I've ever heard! It's great to see him growing on the mission :)

    ReplyDelete