Monday, January 17, 2011

Dearest family,

Well sounds like you guys have had plenty of exciting news this week. So Clayton is finally engaged?? Man isn't that a miracle haha jk. Felicitaciones!!! Congrats Clayton! You better print out a life size poster so that I'm included in your wedding! Sounds like you guys will be kept busy for the next couple of months.

Down here this week we had some success!! We had quite a few investigators come to church. One of them is going to get baptized this Sunday and so we're excited for him. His name is Franco. He is a nine-year-old that is dang smart and knows the lessons back and front. We talked to his family and they're happy at how excited Franco has been by coming to church. Also the family we found last week in la feria are amazing!! Wow. Ronald and Carmen came to chuch. We visited them after church and ronald said... "To be honest, I didn't really like church... I loved it!!" His mom also loved it. They already have made their decision to be baptized. We're really excited for them. The Lord has blessed us a lot. Also we are still making our little stand in la feria and finding a lot of people. One lady just walked on up to us and said, Hey, I really like the story of Joseph Smith. I asked her, "Are you a member?" She said, "Nope." Haha but she doesnt live in our area. She lives across the street in another area. But we've definitely seen success as the Lord puts us in the path of his children. I've also been realizing how blessed we are to study the scriptures everyday. I read a scripture today in 3 Nephi 17 : 8 that says

8 For I perceive that ye desire that I should show unto you what I have done unto your brethren at Jerusalem, for I see that your afaith is bsufficient that I should heal you.

Now we need to be able to have sufficient faith for miracles. If we are looking for any type of sign from God in order to have more faith then it will never happen because faith is power and miracles are manifestations of the power of faith. Miracles are nothing more than the natural outcome of obedience to God's commandments. I know that Jesus Christ heals our lives and provides us the means to become clean. My faith is increased everyday as I realize that faith yields miracles. Thanks for everything!! Have an amazing week. Chao

Elder Webb

ps: Nuestro mente es un teatro y solo una cosa puede mostrarse a la vez. Concentren sus mentes en cosas que animen a si mismo y a los demás. No pierden el tiempo y enfóquense en lo que quieren más. :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Webb Family, on Clayton's engagement! And it's good to hear the success stories in Aaron's area!
    Something great I heard from him recently that I thought you'd enjoy hearing too:
    "Patience is more of a choice of attitude. Its the attitude of being happy in every moment. If we choose to be happy even though a lot of things go wrong, then obviously we will never lose patience."
    So true! Made my week! :)

    ReplyDelete