Monday, January 24, 2011

Querido familia,

Thanks for the letter mother dearest. So little Clayton is gonna get married in April? Man... tell him thanks for nothin for waiting haha jk. Hmm You could cook up some chilean dish for them, that would be pretty cool. And the food here is pretty dang cheap so you could save some money haha. Well I do have a suggestion. Here they make something called papas rellenas, or stuffed potatoes. They are really good and easy and fill you up. Look up the recipe. You could make that with some meat or something. But anyways I'm sure everything will turn out fine. And with work, the Lord sees your sacrifices, with working in the temple also and will never fail to bless you and fortify you guys constantly.

This week was pretty great! Franco didn't end up getting baptized this week. We were all ready, we talked with his dad and he was excited and signed the form and everything then about 20 seconds later, his aunt that always takes care of him walked in and started making them doubt by saying he was too little and doesn't know how to make decisions... that was a trial of patience. But in the end we talked and they decided in two more weeks he can get baptized. Hopefully I'll still be here but we have transfers next monday so I dont know what´ll happen but at least I´m sure he´s gonna get baptized. Also, Ronald has been progressing really well. He actually asked if he could get baptized on Jan 30th because his birthday is the 31st and we said of course! Really, he is an amazing investigator. We're so pumped for him. I'm pretty sure my companion will be dressed in white this sunday with Ronald. His mom also wants to get baptized but she has to wait longer because she's not married (thats a problem that exists everywhere in Chile). So for now we have two investigators or maybe 3 that for sure will be getting baptized in February. If i'm not here I'll found out soon how that goes. I love founding out that old investigators get baptized. I dont know if you remember but 4 people from Recoleta that I've taught have gotten baptized. Its exciting to know that the Lord really uses you to influence the lives of many many people. I love this work. Every day is a new oportunity to go out and show Heavenly Father how much you love Him and how dedicated we are to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that my mission has been the greatest priviledge so far in my life. Thanks for the sacrifices that you guys make. I love you guys!! Les amo, y espero que llenen sus pensamientos con cosas virtuosas para que sus vidas sean consagradas al Señor y para que tengan el espíritu santo. Chao,

Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment